Wednesday, May 18, 2011

NeighborzRAP

Last Sunday our street had a "NeighborzRAP" party. (RAP: Reaching All People) The idea behind this event was to collect hygiene kits (these are going to the recent flood and tornado victims) while meeting/visiting with neighbors. Several people worked together to provide yummy desserts and drinks, and we were able to assemble 25 hygiene kits for people in need. The kids had a blast playing together, and the adults enjoyed eating, visiting and watching the kids play.I have no idea how many treats Crosby ate. I lost count. He could reach the table, so every time he walked by he took another brownie, cookie, etc. That was his dinner on Sunday. I think he did at least drink a cup of milk when we came inside.

Alexee wore two tutus to the event. Here she is with her friend.
One neighbor made Symphony Brownies. 1/2 brownie mix in pan, add layer of Symphony bars (she used toffee almond--Y.U.M.), then top with other 1/2 of brownie mix before baking. They were Grrrreat! Today I bought the ingredients to make them!
Assembling kits
Kids rolling down the hill in our front yard
We pray for the families that receive these kits--that they'll have hope and healing!
Another part of the NeighborzRAP ministry is KidzRAP. They have ongoing service projects that are really neat and great ways to get your kids involved. I like the idea of these "Jars of Joy". This would be a great thing to do this summer while the kids are out of school!


1 comments:

Candy said...

what a great idea! Laughing at the thought of Crosby grabbing something sweet every time he walked by the table! :)