Friday, April 2, 2010

Tooth news!

It had been wiggly for weeks and weeks, but before we left for Houston it was just barely hanging on... Bobba has a reputation as a "tooth-puller" and Rhett has wanted to lose a tooth for months now, so I was pretty sure R would be missing a tooth when we got back from our Houston trip! Wednesday evening when we were on our way to dinner with Trent & Stacy I called R to say goodnight and the first thing he said was, "Guess what--I lost my tooth!" He was so excited that Bobba had pulled it for him! He said he was storing it in his hippo pillow to show us when we got home.

Last night after soccer practice he unwrapped the tooth (he had it wrapped in tissue) and wanted me to hold it so he could take my picture with it. :) I thought about how I used to blame every cry/fuss/bad mood on "teething" when R was a baby. It was a painful process for him to grow those baby teeth in...and now they're starting to fall out so soon!
He's very proud of his new smile!
And I think it looks really cute. :)
This was my tooth pillow when I was little. A while back I took it out of my cedar chest and washed it for him.
He placed his tooth in the Hippo's tooth pocket,
and got it situated just how he wanted it under his pillow.
Well, then he actually decided to change pillows...
Okay, all ready for the tooth fairy!

2 comments:

Jacquie said...

I've never seen a "tooth pillow"... I love that you have yours from when you were young!!! It is so cute - as is R's new smile!!

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Wow! That is big news :o) R looks so cute with his missing tooth. I just LOVE the tooth pillow...your familiy traditions are awesome!